For those Americans not frolicking in the last long weekend of summer and for those many readers from other countries, here are some bits of commentary and news from In This Moment's most recent hot topics.
First up on the list of most-read posts is the battle over the right of the owners of the Lakeway Hotel to fly a symbol of gay rights, the rainbow flag, in tiny
The controversy has included visits from the funeral-picketing
- A note about Fred Phelps & the REAL Kansas
- Investigate incident in Meade, Kansas, as a hate crime
- Fighting for the "right to coexist"
- Westboro Baptist Church teaches Meade, Kansas, about "despicable"
- It all comes together tomorrow in Meade, Kansas
- Saga of the Rainbow Flag: Kansas Equality Coalition's state board to meet Sunday in Meade
- A small-town solution to Kansas vandalism & a revolutionary bit of good news
- Phelps folds while Kansas Equality Coalition meets in Meade
- Despite broken window & threats, hotel's flag is flying
- Kansas Equality Coalition condemns incident at Lakeway Hotel
- Block hurled through window of Kansas hotel
- Bed & Breakfast in Meade, Kan., fights on