Friday, November 12, 2010

Rachel Maddow & Jon Stewart talk civility & politics

The Goodness Project has always been one part personal quest and one part political journey. The issue of politics reared its ugly snout because of my experiences as a political reporter, a staff member on a couple of campaigns and a citizen. These days I feel like I’m being buffeted by wave after wave of political fury, and I worry about my personal future and about what’s next for our country. (After the screaming, violence?) My good friend Nancy Jane Moore and I constantly argue on this blog about the problem of finding common cause with people who seem bent on demonizing and lying about us. All of this is why I found Rachel Maddow’s conversation last night with Jon Stewart to be so fascinating.

Continue reading

No comments: