Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Sometimes I even bore myself

I’m in awe of my friend Jennifer Lawler, who writes so movingly about raising Jessica. I wish I had half of Jennifer’s talent. But this morning in meditation I finally stopped picking at myself for spending the last few days snarled up in a writer’s block. I realized that I wasn’t wrestling with my skill or talent because my struggle is about something far different: It’s about silencing.

Last week I was present at events that go to the heart of my quest for goodness. These were momentous, life changing events. (I kid you not.) If we lived in a perfect world, I would have written about those events already. But I can’t. I don’t mean that I can’t because I’m unable, I mean I can’t because to do so would be to put another person at risk.

Continue reading

No comments: