Friday, May 18, 2007

Friday Kansas Blogging





By Diane Silver

I've been a great admirer of Kevin Drum's Friday Cat Blogging. While I'm not certain that Kansas is as picturesque as Kevin's cats, I do know that a lot of folks have gone to the University of Kansas and miss Lawrence, or have simply moved away from the Sunflower State. Thus, I offer for your viewing pleasure the first of what I hope will become a weekly habit -- some Friday Kansas blogging.

I have to admit that one of the true delights of working for yourself is getting to pick your own hours. For me, that has meant I have more time to meander through Lawrence's downtown and parks during the day. Thus, this first bit of Kansas blogging is a stroll through Lawrence's South Park, starting at the gazebo; wandering over to the horse fountain where, alas, horses no longer sip; walking up the path to Massachusetts Street and then gazing up at the old Douglas County Courthouse.

You'll note that the time this photo was taken was 5:20 p.m., and the sky was and is just as blue and clear as it looks. The temperature is a perfect 73 degrees, and there isn't a hint of pollution in the air.

By the way, these are the first four photos I've ever taken with this new camera. Any fuzziness is all my fault.

One of the not-so-joyful things about working for yourself is that you really have to work. The last few days I've been slogging through paying assignments. (Yay money! Boo, no time to blog.)

No comments: