Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Kansas: Debate over Jerry Johnston & his ethics, or lack of them, continues

By Diane Silver

The original post about the Rev. Jerry Johnston and questions about his financial dealings will soon slip off the front page of this blog. Thus, I want to point folks toward it and remind you that debate on Johnston is continuing in the comment section.

Several people who say they attend, or have worked for Johnston's First Family Church are posting fairly detailed information. Their comments are well worth reading.

And yet another church leader weighs in on "Dr. J."
I love Rev. Jerry Johnston. He is my brother in Christ, and I love him. I'm afraid I don't have a lot of respect for him, but I love him....

I disagree with Pastor Jerry about just about everything, but it is this financial stuff that is galling. He repeatedly declares that it is "common practice" in the church for parishoners to be kept in the dark about the church's spending, including things like the pastor's salary.

Poppycock.

No comments: