Monday, September 20, 2010

The continuing saga of meditation and prayer

I’m one month into my meditate pray-a-thon, and I have to admit that this is both easier and far harder than I expected. I thought I’d stumble over my schedule and be unable to apply butt to seat to keep my daily appointment with myself. That has turned out to be the easy part. I made a public commitment, and except for weekends when my schedule gets scrambled, I’m sitting in my meditation chair at the appointed time five days a week.

What’s tough is what I do when I’m in that seat, particularly when it comes to meditation, particularly when it comes to meandering through my mind, watching the old movie scenes that pop up in front of my eyes, listening to dialogue from last night’s TV show, replaying yesterday’s conversation, obsessing over today’s work and on and on ad nauseum.

Continue reading

No comments: