The New York Times reports that Bush's posse was offended by President Obama's repudiation of their disastrous administration, apparently especially because Bush was polite to him during the transition.
To which I reply:
- Given that President Obama ran against the Bush administration, it should have been obvious that his inaugural speech would have to repudiate it.
- Given what a mess the country is in, President Obama had to talk about the problems and how he would address them.
- It seems to me President Obama has been very socially polite to Bush, too, and did as much as he could to stay out of his way even as the whole country was clamoring for Obama to start running the country way before Jan. 20.
- What part of "worst president ever" don't Karl Rove and company understand?
- Hee, hee, hee, hee, hee ....
[updated to correct the spelling of my giggle; I blame cedar fever for my lapse]