Monday, February 19, 2007

A new day & a new life


By Diane Silver

Welcome to a new day in my life and on this blog. I am such a happy camper!

Today marks my return to full-time writing and activism, and I couldn't be happier. What this means for me personally is that I get to tackle projects I've been putting off for years. I also get to work harder and longer than ever before, but oh, the satisfaction of being able to do what matters to me. And yes, I suppose I am that selfish.

What this means for In This Moment and the other Hope & Politics blogs is that I'll have the flexibility to update more often and to pursue more independent reporting.

The above photo matches my mood: a new day, a new sunrise and an exuberant figure.

Seeing as I didn't exactly crawl out of bed at the crack of dawn, though, the scene outside my window here in Lawrence, Kan., is a bit different. Right now it's bright and sunny and already 44. We expect to go to a high of 52 today. After the artic freeze and snow of the last few weeks, it feels like spring. And if it isn't spring outside yet, it sure is in my mind.

Stay tuned. The fun is only beginning.

No comments: