Monday, November 06, 2006

Pundit predicts Democratic sweep in Kansas & Missouri

By Diane Silver

I respect Kansas City Star columnist and political reporter Steve Kraske, so it is with a bit of surprise and, well, hope that I note his most recent column.

Kraske predicts that although some of the margins may be slim, Democrats Paul Morrison, Kathleen Sebelius and Nancy Boyda will win in Kansas. That means Democrats would pick up the attorney general's seat, keep the governor's seat and win a second Congressional district. Kraske is also predicting a slim victory for Claire McCaskill in the Missouri senate race.

He has some interesting analysis of why Boyda will win (not my rationale). He is also predicting that the Missouri stem cell proposal will pass.

I'm crossing my fingers that he's right.

Meanwhile, polls are showing that the campaign has tightened nationally.

No comments: