Friday, November 03, 2006

Everyone: Walk outside and look up

By Diane Silver

As we head into the final weekend before the election, it might do us all good to go outside for a few minutes, look around at what, at least in Kansas, is a beautiful day and take a deep breath.

The branches are dark and spotted with the few yellow and red leaves remaining. The crisp autumn smell brings up memories of childhood romps through crinkly piles of dry leaves.

The sun is already beginning to go down, deepening the blue of the sky. High above my head puffs of white dot the blue. Lower on the horizon long streaks of gray parallel the ground.

If I stand out here long enough and think only of the smell of the air and the cool touch of it on my cheek, then I remember: Tuesday is important, but it isn't everything.

-----------------------------------
I just moved the location of this to the top of the blog. All the latest news and commentary is below.

No comments: